About six months ago, Executive Director Terry Humphrey encouraged the Board of Directors to form a Communications Task Force to strategize a new approach for AIA Kansas communications, with the goal of consistently delivering relevant news, articles, editorials and other informative content to all of our members across the state.
This website was designed in response to that challenge. It was built to serve our members. It offers a framework for professional discourse and new opportunities for member engagement. We hope you will continue to visit aiaks.org as we roll out a number of new communications initiatives over the coming months. Here’s a quick summary of what to look for:
- Fresh Content: Visitors and AIA Kansas members will enjoy a fresh mix of content that showcases the expertise of our member community on issues impacting the design and construction industry.
- New Online Forum: AIA Kansas Voices is our new forum where discussion and ideas will flourish, linking the membership to the ideas published in design editorials and publications curated and published monthly. Look for opportunities to comment and please lend your voice!
- Streamlined E-Newsletter: We’ve shortened and streamlined the biweekly email newsletter to make it easier to scan. Links will take readers to complete articles online.
- Simplified Event Registration: aiaks.org will serve as a “one stop shop” to register for Chapter and Section events and continuing education. Look for the easy-to-find Upcoming Events and calendar link located in the upper right corner of our home page.
- Improved Online Member Directory: Each firm will be solicited to submit photographs to be included in their firm’s online profile. Going forward, we hope to give member firms direct ability to edit and manage their own profile to ensure firm information remains current.
- A home for Local Sections: Visit the Chapter and Section Updates, where section leaders will be sharing their local news, events, and features. A new home for Section communications will provide another way for ‘local’s’ to get the word out and reach the broader AIA Kansas community.
- Share, Like, Post, Tweet! However you engage online, whether you tweet, like on Facebook, or share links with your professional colleagues on Linkedin, we’ll include handy share buttons with all of our publications and event posts so that you can spread the word!
Wanted: Editorial Board Members, Expert Contributors
While redesigning and rebuilding our website is a key first step, moving forward the Task Force is working to convene an Editorial Board of volunteers who will recruit Member Expert Contributors with design expertise in specific areas to author monthly editorials and design features for aiaks.org.
In conjunction with AIA National’s Chapter Alignment and Accreditation process, we have applied for a grant to work with a communications consultant who will lend their professional expertise and guidance in establishing an effective communications approach and process that can be implemented by staff and our volunteer members going forward.
If you are interested in serving on the Editorial Board or as a Member Expert Contributor, please contact Terry Humphrey.
Thank you for visiting, and we hope you enjoy our new online home for AIA KS members!
The AIA Kansas Communications Task Force
Katie Nichols (Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org