HENRY W. SCHIRMER DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
Its purpose is to recognize an individual member who has performed most distinguished leadership and service to AIA Kansas and/or AIA over an extended period of time, such services exceeding those expected in any official capacity, and by leadership, has advanced the cause of our profession and provided an inspiration to his/her fellow practitioners.
- The Henry W. Schirmer Distinguished Service Award (HWSDSA) recipient should be a past or present member of AIA Kansas. Recipient of the award can be living or deceased.
- The award is to be given to a member of AIA Kansas for distinguished service to the profession of architecture and AIA Kansas and/or AIA over an extended period of time.
- Candidates may not currently serve on the AIA Kansas Executive Committee or Board of Directors at the time of their nomination.
- Nominations can be made by any AIA Kansas member, however, a member is not allowed to nominate someone from his/her own firm, company or educational institution.
PROCEDURES FOR NOMINATION, VOTING & AWARD:
The AIA Kansas Executive Director shall receive the nominations no later than July 19, 2016. Please send your nominations to:
Attn: Terry Humphrey
700 SW Jackson, Suite 209
Topeka KS 66603
Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The HWSDSA shall be awarded by affirmative vote by secret ballot of the majority of the voting members of
the AIA Kansas Board of Directors who are present at the designated meeting.
6. The HWSDSA recipient shall be honored at the annual AIA Kansas Awards Ceremony on Thursday,
October 20, 2016 at the Wareham Opera House, Manhattan, KS.